Friday, August 17, 2007

just one of those days

Have you ever had one of those mornings that lets you know your day is going to be a hard one? Well, I am having one of those right now. This morning I went to get Gwen out of her crib. As I looked into the crib, Gwen looked up at me with a face that can only say "I didn't do it." I then see that the crib sheet is COVERED in..um..poop! Gross! I grab Gwen, throw her in the tub, then go to clean up. I then discover that she attempted to clean up herself. I had a couple blankets hanging from her crib, and she had grabbed them and used them to clean up! After I got Gwen out of the bath, I stripped the crib, took the two blankets and anything else she found as a cleaning tool and threw it in the washing machine. Just then, Gwen trips and smacks her face on the ground. I pick her up as blood comes gushing out of her nose. Oh boy. I immediately get sick to my stomach. She was screaming bloody murder as I tried to clean the blood off her face. So now, she's all cleaned up. Her nose has stopped bleeding, it's a little swollen and bruised, but she'll live, and so will I. Gwen is watching some Finding Nemo and I need some time to relax. I'm just wondering what else is in store for me today. Maybe I'll just protect myself and stay inside all day and eat cookies and watch T.V. Sounds good to me!

2 comments:

Shar said...

McKelle,
I just had a "vision" the other day, that Brett is going to do that some day. Not looking forward to that. Those are the days that make me consider drinking the cooking wine.

Jana said...

Try adding 2 other kids to the picture. That always makes for a nightmare of a day. I am sooo glad that my boys have not experimented with poop. I think I would go insane, as in call the state and see if they need a child. :)