Saturday, February 7, 2009

light at the end of the tunnel

We changed the induction date to Friday February 13th. It's crazy to think that we'll have another baby here in less than a week. Scary actually. I'm hoping this delivery goes much better...that I don't have nurses that hate life and accuse me of peeing my pants when my water breaks, and that I don't have to push for 3 hours. Yuck. Everyone tells me it will be better...and it better be. I'm also hoping that the first few months with this baby isn't the hell that I experienced with Gwen. Pure HELL!  I thought for sure that my life was over. Morgan and I really aren't newborn baby lovers...call us evil or whatever, but we have a hard time with them. Give us a 6 month old, and we're cool. Anyway, so that's the plan. I'll let you all know how things go.

13 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

your baby and my baby will be EXACTLY 6 months apart.

and the newborn stage... i feel you. 6 months old are PERFECT!

word verif is "redned", an omen perhaps?

Kari said...

Friday, the 13th? Are you craaaaazy?! Ha ha just kidding. Good luck, I can't wait to see pictures!

(And ps I'm totally with you on the newborn stage. There's nothing enjoyable about it, let's be honest!)

Shar said...

Yay! I bet you guys are so excited! Call us! Or have Morg or Matt call. I'll be thinking of you guys!

We don't really like newborns at our house either.

Mandy said...

I had a small panic attack when you said it was time! I cant belive that in 4 days you will have a new baby. Freaky. Sorry, just trying to be real here. I cant wait to meet her though! It will be awesome and I am excited for you...eventually. Hopefully it will all work out better than naughty Gwen. Me and my mommy want to come down when you are out of the hospital so Addi can come and not break all the things at the hospital or get thrown out for various other things....is that alright or do you want me to leave her in the car?
How long are you going to be in the hospital? let us know and we will be there!

Anonymous said...

I keep checking on your blog to see if you have had the baby...that is great that you were able to change the induction date. I am jealous! We are scheduled for the 16th. Hang in there...my last delivery was a nightmare, so I am in the same boat as you..praying it will go better. Good luck!

amanda said...

i always think people are lying to me when they tell me how awesome their baby is as a newborn or how great they were as sleepers. it sort of pisses me off. mostly because i think they are showing off and because it makes me feel bad for thinking how hellish the first few months are.

good luck to you. we'll be thinking of you guys and praying that things go well.

Mandy said...

2 days....you have 2 days! Just a friendly reminder! Love your guts!

Emily said...

Good luck! Hope all goes well. Jevan's pretty sure that since you are having the baby on the 13th, you're going to curse it and it will be an alien or something. I'm sure it will be darling and I hope the whole experience is better than with Gwen!!

The Prestons said...

Tell your Mom that I was born on Friday, February 13th and I look forward to every year that it lands on Friday again. Good Luck!

Heidi

Kalli Ko said...

GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! HERE's TO NICE NURSES AND WORKING EPIDURALS!

AmberandBryan said...

Kel hope your holding a little bubba in your arms by now, and that all went well.

Talia said...

So no wonder why you didn't want to go to the ZOO yesterday! I didn't know that you upped the date. I have been out of the Blogging since the surgery. I am impressed that you guys moved the date to Friday the 13th. Only you guys would want that date!
I hope everything went well...The 2nd was much better for me! Talk to you soon
Talia

Kelsey Romph said...

I'm excited to hear how everything went!