That's what I did. I robbed the cradle. I married a boy. I married a guy 2 years younger than me. I married a 21 year old boy! But today, that little boy turned 27. Oh, he's old now. The thought that I turn 30 next year, and he only turns 28 drives me crazy. The fact that he's younger than my little brother, and I'm older than his older brother makes me cringe. But, today on his birthday, I'll try to overcome our differences, and help him celebrate his coming of age. Oh, how he's grown. I remember when he was just a skinny little 21 year old. Just old enough to buy his own alcohol. :D
Today on his birthday, I made him some raspberry jam (his favorite...even though if I really made it his favorite way I would have pick each and every tiny seed out. He'll have to suffer), wrapped a couple of presents (a game called Pit, and a new airplane (he flies big fancy remote control airplanes, he's awesome, and you all want to know him)). Tonight we're going to a movie (Son of Rambow - that's really how it's spelled, I'm not just stupid), and then going out to dinner (Texas Road House - we ate there on Saturday with Morgs cousin Sharon, and her husband Nate. Morgan didn't get enough.) After, we'll go to my parents for some cake, and Gwen will attempt to sing Happy Birthday, and make us relight the candles over and over again. I love you Morgie. Happy Birthday!
I guess I should mention the fact that Morgan shares his birthday with Matt. They are identical twins. Matt is 8 minutes older. Their mother carried them past her due date, and each weighed over 8 pounds. I don't know how she did it. They probably fought the whole time they were in the belly, because they are always fighting now. They make up one second later. Back to being best friends...and worst enemies. Happy birthday to you too Matt. Just remember, I'll always be #1.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
happy birthday morgan! izzy would sing to you too, but all she knows how to do is cry the song.
you'll have to let me know how "son of rambow" is, because i thought the previews looked cute.
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Morgan,
Happy Birthday to you.
This was way better than me calling and leaving a singing voice mail like I did to Matt. I probably ruined his day with my singing.
And we knew you would like the Roadhouse. Good stuff.
Hey Mckelle - I can relate with you on this one - Jevan is 2 years younger than me too! I hope when you turn 30 and Morgan is still 28 that he treats you better than Jevan treated me. You can guess that the teasing was relentless! :) All your remodeling looks so great! I wish I had your eye for what looks good....
Happy Birthday Morgan. The house looks so cute! I am bummed out you don't have before pictures though...come on, how could you have missed that?! No plans to come up to Utah in the near future, I'll let you know when we do.
Happy Birthday!!! He is young! And we are old. Boo. I will be there soon so get set. Want to bring us Cafe Rio to the airport tomorrow? CALL ME!!! We have a 3 hour lay over in SLC.
He may be older, but you look younger!
Your house updates are gorgeous! i LOVE the slate and that fireplace is just divine...really, enjoy it and make yourself a warm fire at night.
good for you guys!
Hi McKelle... I don't remember if I've ever left you a comment before, but I read your blog from time to time because you. are. funny. (Also because Gwen is super cute.) I love the picture of her blocking Morgan's mouth from blowing out the candles. Also, you freaked me out a little when you wrote that Morgan and his twin were both 8 pounds and went PAST their due date. While that's better than too early, it scares me. Thanks a lot.
P.S.
I love how you've decorated your house. Love it.
So are you a polygamist? You said you married a boy and a guy, and also a 21 year old boy. Weird...but hey if that's how you roll....
Post a Comment