Saturday, July 23, 2011

a pretty good day

Today I didn't do any of the dirty laundry piled in the hall. I didn't fold any of the clean laundry piled in the front room. I didn't do the dishes, clean the bathrooms, or make the beds. Today, I sat in my backyard, watched the girls run through the sprinklers, watched popsicles drip down their faces, necks and hands and listened to them laugh. Today, I sat in the backyard and read a book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Until Laine announced she had to go potty and ran inside. Today, I scrubbed poop out of the carpet. Oh, the joys of motherhood!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I envy you. Except the poop part. That's just pretty gross. What book? Can't wait to see you again!

Annie said...

If you scrubbed poop out of the carpet I would say you met your cleaning quota for the day. Maybe even the whole week.