I am a aunt...again. My little brother Rob and his wife Michelle had a baby girl on Friday, Feb 8th at like 3 in the morning. Her name is Reese and she weighed 7 pounds. Now let me tell you a little something about Michelle. She is terrified of needles. TERRIFIED. So her whole pregnancy she talked about how she wasn't going to have an epidural because she didn't want the shot. I kept telling her "yeah, thats how you feel now, but when those contractions start, you'll be screaming for the drugs." Then she found out that an IV is optional. So no IV for her. I just couldn't wait for labor to start and for her to eat her words.
But I was wrong. She had no IV, and no epidural. Crazy girl. Seriously, she's crazy. My mom was there during the labor, and she said that Michelle acts more nervous and scared around bees than she acted while in labor. The doctor even said that he'd never had a mom that didn't have an epidural do so well. I hate her. Now she just proved that I'm a big baby sissy. I hate her even more because her labor lasted all of 2 1/2 hours. No fair. I pushed that long. Good job Michelle. You are amazing! Congrats Rob! I must admit, I didn't envy them. I kept thinking back to when I was in their place. I did not like the new born phase at all! Give me a 6 month old right away. None of those wiggling, crying, pooping, spitting up, poor communincating newborns. I am NOT looking forward to that again. Maybe that's why Gwen is still an only child. Who knows, maybe she always will be.
Gwen holding baby Reese. She was fine holding her, but Gwen did not want me to hold her!
Nanny, me and Reese
{Just look at those chubby cheeks....mine, not the babys}
ps. still no spell check. forgive me for my errors. I'm not perfect you know.

5 comments:
The pics aren't working. And about you being a wuss. If I only had to LABOR for 2 1/2 hours, I might be able to do it. In fact, I did do it and there is NO way I would ever do that again. If you remember, I am one of the biggest scaredy cats when it comes to needles. Now that I know iv's are optional, NO MORE!! I have had my last one. Thank you Michelle.
holy cow, rob's a dad?? some things just aren't right... that makes me feel OLD!
tell me about it. It doesn't seem right does it. However, he is older than my husband. Weird.
I still think she is crazy! I am totally with you, I had to push longer than she was even in the hospital! So mad at her! I think it is funny that Gwenny wouldnt let you hold her, maybe we could have one together (adopt) and share it. Then it wouldnt be as crazy! Deal?
cute baby! i really like her name....
Post a Comment